Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God..
This article is from Harold J. Sala (Today Counts). I am pleased to share it to you for this New Year.
Focusing on several guidelines can make today and this year better than previous ones. Here's how:
1. Live today... Some live in the past: others in the future. A paraphrase of Matthew 6:34 puts it like this: "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow" The message, Live Today.
2. Say it today...Some folks, though they care, miss saying encouraging words. Make it a daily practice to tell people-- say it, write it--words of encouragement.
3. Pray about it today.. "O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear; All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer," wrote hymn writer Joseph Scriven.
4. Refuse to worry about it today..Pray about what worries you, reminding yourself that God is far greater than your problem, and He can do what you can't. Let God engineer your life.
5. Smell the flowers today: This helps you put life in perspective and live to a ripe old age.
6. Trust God today..Tomorrow isn't as important as today. Can you say, "God just for today, I'm going to trust You with all my heart! I refuse to live tomorrow until it comes"?"Therefore," said Jesus, "do not worry about tomorrow will worry about itself" (Matthew 6:34)
7. Have a blessed day today.. And I am confident you will when you follow these simple but effective guidelines because God blesses the one who puts Him first and walks in the light of His Word.
For more entries please visit Penny @pennyraine.com/blog